Pumpkin carving for Halloween has been around for many years, and taken part by millions across the globe. Each year you will see our stores overflowing with pumpkins for both eating and carving, especially around Halloween time when pumpkins are a-plenty.
Not only does it give you the opportunity to portray your skills in creating a masterpeice, it also allows you to spend time with your family and friends, while having some light-hearted fun. Celebrities across the globe take part in this yearly tradition, and get their children involved.
There are plenty of designs that you can use to create the best carved pumpkin in the street, however, without the right tools, you’ll just end up with great big moosh of orangeness that looks like it has been attacked by an axe murderer.
Here is what you require to create the best Jack-O-Lantern in town that will be the envy of everyone:
- A damp cloth (to wipe the external pumpkin clean before comencing)
- A small pairing knife
- A keyhole saw (to cut through the pumpkin and make holes)
- A hand scraper/scooper (for removing the pulp and seeds from inside the pumpkin, or just use an ice-cream scoop)
- A hand drill (to help you with carving – to be able to use the saw)
- A pounce wheel (to make markings for stencilling)
There are professional pumpkin carvers who have a vast range of tools and equipment that enable them to create extraordinary displays that are unbelievable.
Here’s how to carve a Jack-O-Lantern like a professional.